TRAIL TALK Forum Index TRAIL TALK
Welcome to our Forum!
Click the photo on the left to go to our Website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! What do I do? Please read before Registering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TRAIL TALK Forum Index -> How does this work?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trail Boss
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Help! What do I do? Please read before Registering Reply with quote

If you have questions on how the board works, just click the 'FAQ' link on the top of the page. Most questions will be answered there. If you are still having problems contact the site forum designer by clicking on the email link below.

Please post any questions or problems in this section only, do not use the 'General Trail Talk' forum to post them.

A few notes:
1. When completing your profile try to fill in all the blanks that you are comfortable with so others can get to know you. YOU MUST ENTER A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS! You will receive an email to activate your profile so you can post to the forum. Please check your spam/bulk mail folder as the email may end up there.

2. When you get to the option 'always show my email' this does not mean your physical email address will show up in the forum. The board is set up to allow members to email each other through the board. A form will come up that you can use to send your message (click the email button at the bottom of this message and you will see). It was set this way to assure that no spam will reach you through the forum by robots collecting email addresses. So I would suggest clicking 'yes' when you get to this option so folks can contact you. DO NOT type your email address or any other personal info into a forum message. This not only goes for this forum but any forum on the internet as the info is accessable to everyone! It is not a safe practice, ever! As well, you have the option of using the email or pm (private message) link on any message that you may want to directly contact the poster on. The difference between the two is by using the email link they will receive an email showing your email address, by using the PM button the message will go through the forum and you will be informed you have a new private message, your email address is never revealed to the person you are contacting.

3. When uploading your avatar be sure it is smaller than 150x150 pixels & 15,000 bytes or it will not upload. If you do not know how to resize it, or do not have the program to do so, you can download IRFAN View which is a very easy program to use to do this http://www.irfanview.com/ If you have any questions on how to use it, just email me. As well, you can use the 'Test Avatar' message to post to to make sure yours is working correctly.

4. When completing your 'Signature' on your profile you are allowed 500 characters. You can use the Signature box to add info about your home club, yourself or whatever info you would like to share with other forum members.

5. Smilies - by clicking 'view more' when you are composing a message you can see all the smilies currrently available in the forum. More will be added as time permits. If you have a special request for one, start a message in this portion of the forum titled 'Smilie requests' and post it there and I will try to gather them up and add them to the forum.

6. The new forum has the ability to conduct polls. These can be implemented in the 'Polls' Section of the forum. To conduct a Poll click 'New Topic' and scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "Add a Poll", complete the info and preview or submit.

I will add more info here as questions or thoughts arise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TRAIL TALK Forum Index -> How does this work? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: